“Meeting of NTUA team with representatives from an orange processing industry“
On the 8th of November 2022, Dr. Kapasakalidis Petros, Quality and R&D Director of Hellenic Fruit Juices industry and Ms. Chatzidaki Elena, representative from Hellenic Fruit Juices industry visited the NTUA premises and more specifically the Unit of Environmental Science and Technology aiming to create capacity building to the competent individuals, in order to further support the potential of replication and sharing the experience gained from demonstrating the prototype system.
On behalf of NTUA, Prof. Loizidou Maria, Dr. Mai Sofia and Dr. Malamis Dimitris attended this meeting. The language that was used during the meeting was Greek in an effort to have a meeting with great immediacy. In this meeting, both involved parties; Hellenic Fruit Juices industry and NTUA, exchanged experiences, information and knowledge.
The agenda included, amongst others:
- Presentation of PRIMA Newfeed project
- Brief presentation of PRIMA Newfeed technology (2nd case study)
- The figures of the project (e.g. duration, participants, budget etc.)
- Presentation of the partners
- Detailed description of the pilot plant and relevant equipment
- A basic flow diagram of the demo plant
- Findings and results
- Assessment of unprocessed orange peels
- Assessment of treated orange peels
- Valorisation of unprocessed orange peels as animal feed ingredient
- Valorisation of treated orange peels as animal feed ingredient
- Market Analysis Report
- Presentation of animal feed industry in Europe
- Presentation of orange processing industry in Europe
- Preliminary business and exploitation plan report
4. Study for the replication of the innovative waste management scheme in Hellenic Fruit Juices
5. Q&A (Questions and Answers) session.
The scientists and engineers of NTUA presented their work to the representatives of Hellenic Fruit Juices in order to stimulate them to think about the unique and possibly commercially valuable aspects that the PRIMA Newfeed project has accomplished emphasizing on the demonstration results and end-products quality. The panel conducted a brainstorming process leading to identification of other fields of use, other applications of the technology, and other problems that the technology could conceivably solve. The aim of the Q&A session was to enable the participants to fully understand the “invention”. Nevertheless, throughout the meeting several questions were raised from the Hellenic Fruit Juices party and NTUA provided all the information needed.
In general, this meeting was considered very fruitful and productive for all parties involved.